Sunday, April 15, 2012

Blog 4 Misconception


After watching the interview of Megan the 25-year-old graduate student with Bipolar from chapter 12 it really change my thinking and what I thought Bipolar was.  Megan described a time where she was manic for about 3 months, which caused her to be really productive, which I don’t see as a bad thing, but then it got to the point where she wasn’t sleep or eating.  She began to perceive situation as safe when they were not and vice versa.  I was always under the impression that Bipolar caused a person to have an extreme emotion one minute and then another extreme emotion the next, where it is impossible to read the persons emotional state.  I know this disorder can vary from person to person but I wasn’t aware that stress could be a contributing factor, and how important stress management is.  Megan talks about how she has stress relief tactics to make sure she doesn’t get to the point where she is really stress out, such as lighting candles, listening to music and working out every day.  I think that these are great tactics to have whether or not you have this disorder to keep stress at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment